Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hoarders

A piece of advise that I got not long after arriving at Aviano was, "If you see it at the BX or Commissary and think you might need it one day, get it."

I've spent the last 10 years of my life trying to organize, contain, and declutter on a daily basis. It's like raking leaves with the wind blowing, but I refuse to give up. So when I heard this, I did a little chuckle and thought, "This person doesn't know me AT ALL!". I wasn't going to go out and buy up the BX. I just don't do that.

True, this friendly, helpful lady didn't know me at all, but what she did know was Aviano. Turns out she'd been assigned here before and was well into a second assignment at Aviano. She really knows Aviano!

When Thanksgiving rolled around last year and there was no canned pumpkin to be found anywhere, I fully realized the genius in her thinking.

The thing to make sure of is that you keep your receipts. That way, if you decide after a bit that you really didn't actually need all 7 of those cans of pumpkin or every single Pineapple Cilantro Yankee candle on the shelves, you can return them.

The key is finding the fine line between being prepared and ending up on A&E, Monday nights at 9/8C. 


Source: http://shop.history.com/detail.php?p=108489&icid=mybuys&green=303ca8f8-6faa-42dd-b283-5f3530a4e549

No comments:

Post a Comment