Monday, January 23, 2012

What's for Dinner, Mom?!

Little in Italy is speedy. Particularly dinners out. They're long and relaxing. That doesn't work on a weeknight after school, work, ball practice, dance rehearsal, scout meetings, homework, and on & on. Most restaurants don't open for dinner until it's time for my kiddos to get into their jammies.

So what happens when my menu planning fails me? I grab a rotisserie chicken from the Commissary. I have heard mothers sharing recipes for rotisserie chicken many times while I've been here. And why not? There aren't a lot of quick and healthy options here, so many of us swing by and pick one up on the way home. Throw a salad with it and you've got a great meal.

If you're getting tired of having that same chicken night after night {I'm not judging, ladies!}, here are a few sites I found with recipes dedicate to the beloved, time-saving rotisserie chicken:

Real Simple
Busy Cooks
All Recipes
Yum Sugar

Do you have a favorite recipe that stars the rotisserie chicken? Share it with us. We could all use the help!

1 comment:

  1. I actually just posted this recipe for green chile chicken enchiladas. It's wonderful with rotisserie chicken!

    http://thetaleoftwokitchens.blogspot.com/2012/01/green-chile-chicken-enchiladas.html

    ReplyDelete